[ardour-dev] deep design question: help requested (rapidly)

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Tue May 18 06:40:42 PDT 2004

Modifying a region does not imply that I want to get rid of the original
region. So it's good to keep it. Although the modified region can
sonically/lengthwise differ totally from the original I would still
expect it to be called A' -- but this is user-interfacing (helps me to
keep track of what I did), internally it would be B I guess.

Isn't "Freeze" an example here? I think "Freeze" should produce a new
region so that "Unfreeze" can return to the original?

Wolfgang