[ardour-dev] Varispeed operation

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Wed May 5 06:13:20 PDT 2004

Hi,

the varispeed operation in ardour is the smoothest i have come across so
far. To me varispeed is still the best way to ~musically~ move around in
audio.
Having said that I wonder if

* varispeed could be made respect the loop setting. Currently it does
not -- the playhead crosses the loop end. When I stop transport,
varispeed-wheel is back to 0. I'd expect a wheel to stay where I put
it. The "sprung" would go to 0 on transport stop of course

* varispeed recording is possible (As there already is a varispeed
setting for tracks).

Wolfgang