[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Mar 18 15:02:57 PST 2004

>On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 02:53:52PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
>>     * new shuttle-style control added
>>          - its fun! use your mouse wheel as a shuttle controller!
>> 	 - report bugs!
>
>By this I hope you don't mean "cause debris to hit the wing and
>crash"... ::-)
>
>But seriously, what does that mean?  Sounds compelling.

think of what ffwd and rev buttons used to do. discrete alteration of
playback speed, forward and reverse.

the new shuttle control replaces that with continuous control (well,
steps of 0.005). you use the mouse wheel to control it, or click and
drag for more responsive behaviour but more risk of carpal tunnel :)

--p