[ardour-dev] gtkpixscrollbar

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Mar 9 14:34:06 PST 2004

I'm looking into making a set of custom faders for jackEQ. To do this I
want to update the gtkpixscrollbar files so they are gtk2 friendly.

This code could then be used for other gtk2 apps like jamin and
jack-rack to provide a nice looking standardised set of sliders.

In jackEQ we use a custom set of meters which Steve wrote. It's fairly
simple to add them to the app.

There is a callback

make_mscale

and a few simple calls to the GTK_METER function will create the meter.

eg.

	out_meter[0] = GTK_METER(lookup_widget(main_window, "mastmeter_l"));
	out_meter_adj[0] = gtk_meter_get_adjustment(out_meter[0]);
	gtk_adjustment_set_value(out_meter_adj[0], -70.0);

Currently I use the standard slider like so:

	slider = lookup_widget(main_window, "master");
	gtk_range_set_value(GTK_RANGE(slider), -35.0);

I have the relevant files included in my src dir. Can you give me a
heads up on how to correctly call the pixscrollbar code please? Also how
can I make it use a custom pixmap?

TIA.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke
discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets
disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street.
Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before
the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International
Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO
Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM