[ardour-dev] UI review: Unifying the selection logic in ardour

Carl Seleborg carl.seleborg at ifrance.com
Thu Jun 3 10:56:49 PDT 2004

[Marek, sorry about my replying to you directly : forgot to click the
good ol' "reply all" button]

Hi guys.

This is a really interesting discussion : I like it when good care is
taken of the GUI. However, one question :

Marek Peteraj wrote:
> * insert region
> * insert chunk
> * insert ext. sndfile
>
> are track based operations, can be grouped into 'insert'.

In a previous post about context menus, you proposed that these
functions be moved to the track's context menu. However, I feel that the
user would be frustrated if he/she could'nt specify an approximate
position of the insert with the mouse pointer. It seems natural to click
on the spot where you want to isert something, and have it inserted there.

Why not :

In the track context-menu:
* insert region
* insert chunk
* insert ext. sndfile

In the region context-menu (or when clicking on the track's body at a
place where there is no region)
* insert region here
* insert chunk here
* insert ext. sndfile here

What do you think about it?

Cheers

Carl

Inscrivez-vous gratuitement sur Tandaime, Le site de rencontres !
http://rencontre.rencontres.com/index.php?origine=4