[ardour-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] Tascam US-224/428 MMC: Work in progress...

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Wed Jul 28 10:10:04 PDT 2004

I have wondered about the MMC locate feedback problem. I've come across
it with sxpress (my input device MMC controller software).

I have come up with this fix (? maybe?) to the problem:
 1) The controller keeps track of the most recent MMC-locate positions
    it has sent. Let's say within a second.
 2) If the controller receives a locate which is identical to a recent
    locate command, it ignores it.

I haven't implemented this yet, what do you think? It is a bit kludgy.

A variation of the fix would be to keep the previous location in memory,
and ignore locates to that position.

Can someone fill the gaps?

  Sampo