[ardour-dev] Latency: AGP vs PCI video card and XFS journalling vs not

Robert Jordens rjo-lists at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 11:57:55 PST 2004

Hello!

[Sun, 22 Feb 2004] Jack O'Quin wrote:
> IIUC, recent Debian JACK packages are built using /dev/shm for this.

Not yet. But the next upload to Debian should have it.
Meanwhile you can try <http://people.debian.org/~jordens/>.

        Robert.

--
	Price Wang's programmer was coding software.  His fingers danced upon
the keyboard.  The program compiled without an error message, and the program
ran like a gentle wind.
	Excellent!" the Price exclaimed, "Your technique is faultless!"
	"Technique?" said the programmer, turning from his terminal, "What I
follow is the Tao -- beyond all technique.  When I first began to program I
would see before me the whole program in one mass.  After three years I no
longer saw this mass.  Instead, I used subroutines.  But now I see nothing.
My whole being exists in a formless void.  My senses are idle.  My spirit,
free to work without a plan, follows its own instinct.  In short, my program
writes itself.  True, sometimes there are difficult problems.  I see them
coming, I slow down, I watch silently.  Then I change a single line of code
and the difficulties vanish like puffs of idle smoke.  I then compile the
program.  I sit still and let the joy of the work fill my being.  I close my
eyes for a moment and then log off."
	Price Wang said, "Would that all of my programmers were as wise!"
		-- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"