[ardour-dev] 0.9beta19 crash while doing live recording

Josh Karnes jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 20 08:05:15 PST 2004

Hey all-

I had sort of a "jam session" at my house last night, set up mics and rolled
8 tracks in Ardour.  About 31 minutes in everything died...  Ardour stopped
recording and logged a ton of "disk stream" errors and the like, CPU 100%,
machine almost unresponsive.  Files are intact just abruptly end.  Any
clues?  Is this normal?  I know running 8 tracks for half an hour may be out
of the ordinary, but I had more than adequate disk space to run for a LONG time.