[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Dec 15 06:51:56 PST 2004

   * some modifications to ArdourMessage to make it even easier and
     more consistent to use.

   * make "cannot record - no inputs" message more useful,
     informative, explanatory and use ArdourMessage.

   * remove middle click mutes regions behaviour (for safety)

   * add behaviour to the meter button that is similar to
       the mute/solo buttons:

          shift-ctrl-click adjusts all metering
	  ctrl-button2-click is momentary
	  ctrl-button1-click affects mix group

   * cleanup improvements (SIGNIFICANT)

        - fix stupid bug that led to sources having paths
	      with "//" in them. this meant that string
	      comparisons between paths found using
	      a directory scanner and the source paths
	      would fail to see them as identical,
	      and would conclude that the file was not
	      being used withing the session.

        - remove peakfiles for files that are moved
	      into dead_sounds

        - actually unlink files when the wastebasket
	      is cleaned out

   *  libardour: 0.850.0
     ardour/gtk: 0.546.0
         libpbd: 2.7.1

>From the testing I did last night, I believe that cleanup is now
working as it should. The "//" bug was a major obstacle to that, and
is the cause of all the errors I've seen reported for cleanup to
date. I would appreciate it if our team of trusty beta testers could
stress test this as much as possible.