[ardour-dev] A couple of small items

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 12:34:15 PST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 07:05:37 +1100, Geoff Beasley
<songshop at bizmedia.com.au> wrote:
> Mute automation is good, but how about something like a switchable gate point
> where you mark a point on the timeline, then get a little dialogue with an
> attack rate to silence. An algorithm calculates a series of rubber-band
> points for the attack rate for volume automation Simple check box invert the
> ramp to open it up again. Does that make any sense ?
> What do you think ?

Sounds interesting. Personally I'm not sure how often I'd use it. I
sort of shy away form features that do things to the audio in a hidden
way. That's just me though.

I definiately have some points in some sessions where things cut off
to quickly using mute. The feature you're talking about might help
with that. I'll leave it to others to chime in.

- Mark