[ardour-dev] Fwd: plugin identification

pdl at everis.net pdl at everis.net
Sat Dec 4 12:10:46 PST 2004

 Hi,

I'm quite new to ardour and linux audio generally, so I
hope very much I'm not wasting your time here..

Recently, I downloaded the new caps LADSPA plugin
suite, where the author has among other changes
capitalised his plugin labels.

I was a bit surprised that this seemed to stop ardour
finding the plugins. Shouldn 't ardour be using the
unique LADSPA ids, rather than the more volatile
labels (or even names) to identify plugins?

Anyway, it seemed odd to me, so I thought I'd mention
it.. I imagine changes like this could cause a lot of bother
for people with carefully tuned plugin settings saved
(which I don't have).

OTOH, I barely know what I'm talking about even
when I do know what I'm talking about, and here,
I'm quite sure, I don't really know much about what
I'm talking about! :)

Cheers,
 - Pete.