[ardour-dev] The new pan paradigm

Matt Walker studio at divasive.com
Wed Aug 25 16:53:39 PDT 2004

Jeez, it wasn't my intention to start a 'pedant-fest', but I suppose I walked
into it. My point was, with the old setup I could kinda model what I had with
my analog 8 track, Mackie 8*bus, and outboard reverb. Can I hook a PLUGIN to
a SEND without a JACK routing spaghetti bowl? What's the point of having all
the "outboard gear" your box can handle if you have to drag out the real
thing just to work in the traditional way. This stuff was supposed to make
life EASIER, not harder.

BTW, is the Ardour interface so close to current PT that buying a PT book
would be more enlightening than confusing? I don't mind doing it, I'm just
afraid (having never used PT) that it would be like using a 3 versions old
users manual.

Matt Walker