[ardour-dev] Pre-1.0 crashes -vvv

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 01:59:48 PDT 2004

Hi Wolfgang,

I have to join in and share your appreciation for
Linux audio. I believe it was in 2000 when I returned
to the U.S. and almost immediately discovered Ardour.
I have experienced an appreciable amount of
frustration but much more than anything I've felt
excited and grateful. Anything I know about digital
audio is an education that began within the Ardour
community.

Wolfgang, on a personal note, thanks for noticing. To
mention me in the same breath as Paul, Taybin and
Jesse makes me feel good. Maybe it's a typo? :) I
always feel my role is to toil in obscurity while
spending many hours testing and thinking about Ardour.
You see, I don't write any of the code but I complain
alot about the code that doesn't work. :)

During the last week, I've recieved several letters
about work done with JACKD, Ardour and JAMin. I have
to add one of them in with Wolfgang's. It's a
meaningful letter because the person who wrote it
would not say anything they don't truly mean.

"Just heard the new CD.  This is a phenomenal piece of
work.  The recording is very crisp and bright.  Top of
the heap.  First rate!  No kidding, this sounds much
better than the majority of my CDs.  It's like my
stereo was designed to play it."

Two significant reasons this CD receives rave reviews
from everyone that hears it are Ardour and JAMin.

ron