[ardour-dev] Release date soon ?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Apr 21 17:54:25 PDT 2004

>Gentlemen,
>any idea how long now till beta 12 could be delivered into my desperate
>and trembling little hands ? So many fixes, such a long time......and
>CVS such a mystery to me.

i am trying to get it out ASAP. we had a startling discovery last week
that ardour's internal panning architecture was just about as wrong as
it could be.

tearing the entire internal data streaming pathway apart and putting
it back together got done rather quickly, but tidying up all the side
effects is taking a bit longer.

i am optimistic about a CVS commit tonight, and a release toward the
end of the weekend. the new release will have some fabulous new
features, but will probably have some deep-and-hard-to-find bugs
arising from the massive code reworking i have just done.

--p