[ardour-dev] Controlling Ardour with Shuttle Xpress

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Apr 15 06:12:06 PDT 2004

>On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 03:48:10 +0300, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
>> The OSC looks interesting, but if Ardour doesn't support it, I don't see
>> any point in sending OSC and then converting it to a different format
>> with a second program.
>
>Right, you'd have to add OSC support to ardour, and now is not a good time
>to do that, but AFAIK theres no way to externally do things like arm
>tracks without adding stuff to ardour.

this isn't true.

ardour has supported MMC control since its first year of existence.

anything you can do with Level1 and part of Level2 MMC, ardour can
respond to. that includes a lot of stuff :)

and MMC is better than OSC at least in the sense there are *lots* of
external hardware devices that send it.

--p